Across Five Aprils - E-Guide
Click here for a sample section of the Across Five Aprils Study Guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
1965 Newbery Honor book. 1966 Lewis Carroll Shelf Award. 1965 Dorothy Canfield Fisher Children's Book Award. 1964 Charles W. Follett Award. 1965 Clara Ingram Judson Memorial Award.
Through Irene Hunt's Civil War tale, students will learn:
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Setting, similes, idioms, characterization, personification, foreshadowing, hyperbole (it's the best!), theme, juxtaposition, metaphor, dramatic irony, paraphrase, plot, rising action, climax/turning point, denouement (resolution), conflict, motif
Moral Lessons and Character Values, such as peer pressure, setting aside revenge, coming-of-age, responsibility, maturity, and many more!
Activities and Writing Assignments to bolster and enhance the student's understanding and comprehension of the lessons including projects such as map work, letter-writing, and music.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the eGuide
- No shipping costs
- Available to download immediately upon order placement
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
- Immediately; Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase.
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Southern Illinois, American Civil War, 1860's
- Study Guide Author:
- Carol Clark
- For the Book By:
- Irene Hunt
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 74 pages
Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase. Once downloaded, back the file up onto a Recordable CD or USB drive for safekeeping. Progeny Press retains the right to refuse replacement of lost or damaged products and/or files.