Jim Hawkins is just a boy trying to do the best he can running an inn with his widowed mother when adventure and danger literally walk through the door in the form of a pirate! He is left with a treasure map and the warning, "Beware the one-legged man!"
Jim goes sailing in search of treasure with Squire Trelawney, Dr. Livesey, and Captain Smollett. Put under the tutelage of the ship's cook, Long John Silver, Jim learns much of the sea-faring life and gains a great friend. But where treasure is concerned, honor and friendship can be held cheap. As they near the island, the ship's crew mutinies, and Jim has to decide where his loyalties are and what it means to be honorable.
Set sail aboard the Hispaniola with the fearless Jim and the formidable Long John Silver!
Progeny Press' Treasure Island English/Language Arts PDF curriculum provides your Middle School grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about the life of Robert Louis Stevenson.
Vocabulary: Master the words used throughout the novel using a variety of activities designed to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Discover various techniques like mood, foreshadowing, dialect, synonyms, similes, descriptive language, irony, and more.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Learn about courage, peer pressure, discretion, advice, fear, discouragement, God is with us, doing good, eternal life, death, and mercy.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Find activities related to coins, ships, pirates, maps, art, sea shanties, and biographies and essays.
Suggestions for Further Reading: Set sail into an ocean of literature with a reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.
All of Progeny Press' language arts unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Middle School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refine their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!