Click here for a sample section of The Story of Ping Study Guide! Get the book The Story of Ping HERE
From the Caldecott Medal Winning author, Marjorie Flack. National Education Association "Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children". Ping has appeared on television since the 1950s. Read aloud once a week on the show, Captain Kangaroo, for seventeen years, while displaying its colorful illustrations in stark black and white on the screen.
This is the delightful story of Ping the duck who lives on the Yangtze River with his family. One night, to avoid a spanking for being the last duck home to the boat, he hides and stays out all night. The next morning, he is lost upon the large river among many many boats, none of them his. After he is caught by a little boy and locked under a basket, will he ever make it home again?
Through Marjorie Flack's delightful story, students will learn:
Historical Background: Learn about ancient Chinese cormorant fishing and about the Yangtze River.
Author Biography: Learn about Marjorie Flack, her life, and other works.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonyms, homonyms, repetition, paraphrase.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Creation of birds, wisdom, obedience, consequences, responsibility, lost & alone, fear, safety.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Read-a-loud, Chinese fishing boats, duck science, boat craft, rivers, Ancient China, geography, artwork study, painting, family plan, word search, maze, coloring pages, family tree, swimming, crafts, field trips, wild animals.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Story of Ping by Marjorie Flack.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
Farmer Boy - E-Guide$19.99
Frog and Toad Together - E-Guide$13.99