This is the delightful story of Ping the duck who lives on the Yangtze River with his family. One night, to avoid a spanking for being the last duck home to the boat, he hides and stays out all night. The next morning, he is lost upon the large river among many many boats, none of them his. After he is caught by a little boy and locked under a basket, will he ever make it home again?
Progeny Press' Story About Ping English/Language Arts PDF curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student(s) with:
Historical Background: Learn about ancient Chinese cormorant fishing and about the Yangtze River.
Author Biography: Learn about Marjorie Flack, her life, and other works.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonyms, homonyms, repetition, paraphrase.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Creation of birds, wisdom, obedience, consequences, responsibility, lost & alone, fear, safety.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Read-a-loud, Chinese fishing boats, duck science, boat craft, rivers, Ancient China, geography, artwork study, painting, family plan, word search, maze, coloring pages, family tree, swimming, crafts, field trips, wild animals.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Story of Ping by Marjorie Flack.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and begins building their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!