Answering an ad in the paper for a wife, Sarah agrees to come visit for one month before agreeing to marry Papa, writing "I will come by train. I will wear a yellow bonnet. I am plain and tall," and "Tell them I sing."
But Sarah misses her old home in Maine. Will she leave, or will she stay and bring song and laughter to their prairie home?
Progeny Press' Sarah, Plain and Tall Language Arts PDF download curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about Patricia MacLachlan.
Background Information: Pioneers and prairie living.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Synonyms, setting, compare and contrast, in context, simile, metaphor, paraphrase, character analysis.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Honor, God is our perfecter, work with a good attitude, love one another.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Mapwork, history reports, discussion, read aloud, wordsearch, crossword, prairies, step-families, art projects, science, movie, cooking.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Upper Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and continue building and refining their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study PDF download accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!
What others have to say about Progeny Press ELA study guides: