Miss Rumphius is the life story of Miss Alice Rumphius, otherwise known as the Lupine Lady, as told by her young niece and namesake, Alice. When she was young, Miss Rumphius set two goals for herself: she would follow in her grandfather's footsteps and travel to faraway places, and then she would settle down in a house by the sea. Her grandfather tells her there is one more thing she must do. She must do something to make the world more beautiful. As an adult, Alice does travel the world and live in a house by the sea, but she does not know how she can make the world more beautiful. Then, an unexpected discovery gives her a wonderful idea.
Progeny Press' Miss Rumphius English/Language Arts PDF curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student(s) with:
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Plurals, illustrations, in context.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Setting goals, planning, God is in control, honor parents and grandparents, hospitality, stewardship of our world.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Plants and seeds, garden, map, heritage, painting, geography, gifts, cooking, art projects, travel, field trip, service project.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and begins building their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!