Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie - E-GuideProgeny Press
Reading Rainbow Book!
This is the true story of Abbie Burgess and her family.
In the winter of 1856, Abbie's father, the lighthouse keeper, must go for badly-needed supplies, medicine, and oil. As he leaves, he asks for Abbie's promise to keep the lights burning. She gives her word and watches him row away, not knowing that a storm will soon isolate the lighthouse for four weeks. She learns what a promise means as she tends the lights nightly, cares for her sick mother, her sister, and her chickens, and watches anxiously for the storm to end.
Through Peter & Connie Roop’s exciting adventure tale, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Art projects, research, and history tie-ins.
Literary Techniques: Word pictures, Cause and Effect.
Moral Lessons and Character Values, such as promises, responsibility and accountability for one’s actions, and prayer!
Activities and Writing Assignments including a Word Search activity page, cooking center, art project, and crafting center.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie!
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the Study Guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Matinicus Rock Lighthouse, Maine, 1856
- Study Guide Author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- for the book by:
- Peter and Connie Roop
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 21 pages
$11.99 - $12.99
Lerner Publishing Group