In the winter of 1856, Abbie's father, the lighthouse keeper, must go for badly needed supplies, medicine, and oil. When a storm blows in, he becomes stranded on the mainland, leaving Abbie in charge of tending to the lighthouse that guides ships safely through the treacherous waters. Abbie must navigate the unforgiving elements and protect the lives of sailors who depend on the lighthouse's guiding light.
As the days turn into nights and the storm rages on, Abbie's strength and resourcefulness are put to the ultimate test. She learns what a promise means as she must tend to the lights nightly, care for her sick mother, her sister, the livestock, and hope anxiously for the storm to end.
Progeny Press' Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie English/Language Arts PDF curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student(s) with:
Before-You-Read Activities: Art projects, research, and history tie-ins.
Literary Techniques: Word pictures, Cause and Effect.
Moral Lessons and Character Values, such as promises, responsibility and accountability for one’s actions, and prayer!
Activities and Writing Assignments including a Word Search activity page, cooking center, art project, and crafting center.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie!
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF Study Guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and begins building their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!