Josefina Story Quilt, The - E-GuideProgeny Press
HarperCollins I Can Read level 3
When Faith's family packs their covered wagon for the long journey to California, there is no room for Faith's pet hen, Josefina. She is too old to lay eggs and too tough to eat; but Faith's father allows her to bring Josefina on the trip, provided that Josefina makes no trouble. Josefina surprises everyone when she lays eggs, and becomes their watchdog. Faith carefully records each happening in a quilt block for remembering. When they reach California, the quilt is finished, and Faith will never forget her Josefina.
Through Eleanor Coerr's delightful tale of westward pioneers, students will learn:
Before-You-Read Activities: Maps, research oxen, music, quilts, packing wagons.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Action words, verbs, metaphors.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Obey and honor parents, adversity, friendship, prayer, remembrances, hardship, do not be anxious, God is with us.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Crossword, bake bread, art, quilting.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Josefina Story Quilt
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Westward Expansion, USA, 1850
- Study Guide Author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- for the book by:
- Eleanor Coerr
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 34 pages