Click here for a sample section of the Jane Eyre Study Guide!
#10 on the Big Read List (UK’s top 200). A timeless and classic British Gothic novel, #12 on The 100 Best Novels Written in English, #18 on The 100 Greatest Novels of All Time
Through Charlotte Brontë’s classic tale which examines love, social class, moral values, and inner strength, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn about Charlotte Brontë and the fascinating background behind the author and novel.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: synonym, romantic novel, Gothic novel, mood, compare and contrast, allusion, grammar, foreshadowing, past and present tense, in context, plot, first-person narrative,
Moral Lessons and Character Values: God and prayer, honor your parents, love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you, social structure and roles, remorse, repentance, confession, forgiveness, judging others, moral scruples, temptation, God’s help, relying on God’s word and commands, characteristics of true love, God’s mercy and working all things for good, true belief,
Activities and Writing Assignments: research or write about: British colonies, education in England, Victorian women, English poor, women’s role in society, class distinctions, religious climate, theme of love, self-worth, re-written perspective, Vulcan, spiritual growth, compare & contrast, religious tone, view of God.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Jane Eyre.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
Read the story summary of Jane Eyre and get the book HERE.
- Immediately; Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase.
- Recommended Grade Level:
- England, 1800's
- British Literature
- Study Guide Author:
- Jill Marie Wilson
- For the Book By:
- Charlotte Brontë
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 91 pages
Available to download for 1 year from date of purchase. Once downloaded, back the file up onto a Recordable CD or USB drive for safekeeping. Progeny Press retains the right to refuse replacement of lost or damaged products and/or files.