Frog and Toad Together - E-GuideProgeny Press
A Newbery Honor Book 1973, a Reading Rainbow book
Frog and Toad Together is a collection of short, simple stories about friendship. Frog and Toad are two friends who do everything together. They plant gardens together, they share cookies together, they set out on a brave journey together, and together they do nothing when Toad loses his list of "things to do." They even appear together in Toad's strange dream where Toad learns a valuable lesson about friendship.
Frog and Toad's comical choices and actions will keep children laughing, learning, and asking for "one more chapter."
Through Arnold Lobel's amusing story, students will learn:
Author Biography: Learn about Arnold Lobel and his other books.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Friendship, making plans and lists, God guides us, God cares for us, temptation, bravery, fear, selfishness, love one another.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Gardening, science experiment, cooking, health, make-believe, painting, bulletin board, dreams, Venn diagram, wordsearch.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Frog and Toad Together by Arnold Lobel.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Imaginative / Nature
- Study Guide Author:
- Leslie Clark
- for the book by:
- Arnold Lobel
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 34 pages
I have seen the older guides and wasn't sure how it would work for a younger child but it went well and was age appropriate. I enjoyed it thoroughly and love the biblical accompaniment. These guides are great!
I wasn't really sure what to expect when we got the Frog and Toad Together E-Guide. I just knew I loved these stories and thought it would be fun to go a little more in depth with my 6-year old son. I had no idea what a wonderful experience we were going to have going through this study together. I loved the way each chapter had us in our Bibles looking at what the Lord says about friendship, bravery, temptation, putting others first, etc. My son and I had some really good discussions, and he enjoyed it so much he wanted to get the study for his friends so they could do it to.