A mouse, a cat, and a cricket take a bite out of the Big Apple!
Tucker is a streetwise city mouse. He thought he'd seen it all. But he's never met a cricket before, which really isn't surprising, because along with his friend Harry Cat, Tucker lives in the very heart of New York City - the Times Square subway station. Chester Cricket never intended to leave his Connecticut meadow. He'd be there still if he hadn't followed the enticing aroma of liverwurst right into someone's picnic basket. Now, like any tourist int he city, he wants to look around.
He could not have found two better guides - and friends - than Tucker and Harry! But Chester has a hidden talent and no one, not even Chester himself, realized that the little country cricket may just be able to teach even the toughest New Yorkers a thing or two. A book filled with grand fun and enchanting illustrations by Garth Williams.
Progeny Press' Cricket in Times Square Language Arts PDF download curriculum will provide your Primary Elementary grade student with:
About the Author: Learn about George Selden
Background Information: Crickets in China.
Vocabulary: Understand words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Adverbs, setting, descriptive writing, dialect, foreshadowing, in context, fact vs. opinion, similes, metaphors, theme, character traits.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: God is with us, friendship, truth, responsibility, money, giving, forgiveness, happiness.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Crickets, New York City, Chinatown, mapping, writing assignments, science, legends, talents, music, art, cooking, chopsticks.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Cricket in Times Square by George Selden.
All of Progeny Press' Language Arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Primary grade Upper Elementary student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into simplified writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and continue building and refining their analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study PDF download accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools for over 30 years!
What others have to say about Progeny Press ELA study guides: