Cricket in Times Square, The - E-GuideProgeny Press
Newbery Honor Book 1961, ALA Notable Children’s Books; Horn Book Magazine Fanfare List, Audie Award Finalist, GRAMMY Nominee: Best Spoken Word Album for Children, AudioFile Best Audiobooks.
A mouse, a cat, and a cricket take a bite out of the Big Apple!
Tucker is a streetwise city mouse. He thought he'd seen it all. But he's never met a cricket before, which really isn't surprising, because along with his friend Harry Cat, Tucker lives in the very heart of New York City - the Times Square subway station. Chester Cricket never intended to leave his Connecticut meadow. He'd be there still if he hadn't followed the enticing aroma of liverwurst right into someone's picnic basket. Now, like any tourist int he city, he wants to look around.
He could not have found two better guides - and friends - than Tucker and Harry! But Chester has a hidden talent and no one, not even Chester himself, realized that the little country cricket may just be able to teach even the toughest New Yorkers a thing or two.
A book filled with grand fun and enchanting illustrations by Garth Williams.
Through George Selden's enchanting story, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about George Selden
Background Information: Crickets in China.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Adverbs, setting, descriptive writing, dialect, foreshadowing, in context, fact vs. opinion, similes, metaphors, theme, character traits.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: God is with us, friendship, truth, responsibility, money, giving, forgiveness, happiness.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Crickets, New York City, Chinatown, mapping, writing assignments, science, legends, talents, music, art, cooking, chopsticks.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Cricket in Times Square by George Selden.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
The E-Guide for The Cricket in Times Square is working fairly well. However, a more diversified study guide would be welcome. This one contains too many comprehension questions.
We are enjoying this guide very much. One of the things I like is that it does not have boring repetition with lots of fill in the blanks and closed ended question but instead requires the student to give thought to their answers.
My students love the study guide for "The Cricket in Times Square." Guides them through the different lovable character traits of the characters, discusses their qualities that make them real to the students and to the Bible. Love the questions that make them think!
This book study was wonderful. I like how it covered some science, Biblical, and, obviously, literature. My kids really enjoyed it as well.