Jess Aarons wanted to become the fastest runner in the fifth grade, and to achieve this goal, Jess practices all summer. But when Leslie Burke shows up in school, Jess discovers he is only the second fastest runner. In spite of this, Leslie and Jess become close friends. Together they create an imaginary kingdom called Terabithia where Leslie is queen and Jess learns to be king. Together Leslie and Jess explore the limits of their imaginary kingdom. Then one day, while Jess is away, Leslie dies in a tragic accident. Now, without Leslie, he must go out into the world for both of them, realizing what he has learned from her about facing his fears.
Progeny Press Bridge to Terabithia Language Arts PDF curriculum will provide your Middle School grade student with:
About the Author: Explore the life and writing legacy of Katherine Paterson.
Vocabulary: Boost your vocabulary through engaging activities, building a solid understanding of the words throughout the book.
Literary Techniques: Examine the art of storytelling with practical literary techniques. Analyze context, characterization, and foreshadowing. Understand similes, how to use a dictionary, metaphor, catch irony, and play with antonyms.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Navigate and examine family, choices, facing fear, seeking comfort, dealing with peer pressure, understanding revenge, the role of the church, the message of Jesus, handling death and grief, and building bridges between people.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Research 1960s-70s, engage in writing, enjoy music, mapping, reading, wordsearches, going on field trips, crafting eulogy, understanding elegy poetry, and express yourself through art.
Suggestions for Further Reading: Continue the adventure with a reading list of more books by Katherine Paterson and discover other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Bridge to Terabithia.
All of Progeny Press' language arts PDF download unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of a Progeny Press ELA PDF study guide
Digital PDF Download
- PDF files are available to download with no shipping costs
- Contains the complete study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- PDf files open in the FREE Adobe Reader program.
Note: Mobile devices may require an alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields and interactive features.
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole ELA study guide at once
- Print single literature lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire curriculum study guide for classroom sets
- Upgraded, fillable form fields allow the student the opportunity to complete their work on the computer, saving you printing costs
- PDF format makes it easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key PDF file included for the teacher to make grading simple!
Formatted with your Middle School grade student in mind, Progeny Press language arts study guides divide the book into writing assignments and lessons that strengthen their reading comprehension, vocabulary, and refine their critical analysis and writing skills. Each Progeny Press novel study accomplishes all of this without busy work that can drain the fun out of reading and literature! Kids have loved using Progeny Press ELA curriculum in homeschool, co-ops, and private schools around the world for over 30 years!