Bridge, The - E-GuideProgeny Press
The first book in the Bracken Trilogy
Princess Rosalynn of Bracken has been left in the care of loyal Sir Reynald while her father, the king, is away. When Sir Reynald learns of an impending attack from Folger, a neighboring country much larger than Bracken and connected to it only by a suspension bridge he devises a plan to save the princess and hopefully save Bracken as well.
When enemy soldiers chase the fleeing princess and soldier, Herron is wounded and he must leave Rosalynn in the middle of the forest to lead the soldiers away. Rosalynn is left to begin her journey through perilous, enemy-filled territory - her life in danger with every step. In the process, a wise woman will help and guide her to greater understanding of forgiveness, herself, and others. Will Herron escape? Can they bring down the suspension bridge in time to save their country?
Through Jeri Massi's exciting adventure, students will learn:
About the Author: Learn about Jeri Massi.
Background Information: Wise Woman stories.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Dictionary work, adjectives, synonyms, paraphrase, antonyms, metaphors, similes, idioms.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Forgiveness, anger, misunderstandings, gentleness, wise vs. foolish, consequences, promises, character qualities.
Activities and Writing Assignments: Castle project, maps, Medieval history, class discussions, drama, allegories, Mystery Word activity page.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include a wonderful reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Bridge by Jeri Massi.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian worldview!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Medieval, Imaginative
- Study Guide Author:
- Carol Diehn
- for the book by:
- Jeri Massi
- Study Guide Page Count:
- 35 pages