A New Coat for Anna - E-GuideProgeny Press
ALA Notable Children’s Book, Booklist Books for Youth Editors’ Choice.
A New Coat for Anna is the story of a young girl and her mother, living in the aftermath of World War II. The war is over, but the stores are still empty, there is very little food, and no one has any money. Anna has outgrown the winter coat she has worn for years, so her mother comes up with a plan to get her a new one. With patience, hard work, and sacrifice, Anna and her mother, over the course of a year, are able to finally get Anna a new coat.
Author Harriet Ziefert based A New Coat for Anna on the true story of Ingeborg Schraft Hoffman, M.D., whose mother, Hanna Schraft, began with a few belongings and ended by providing her daughter with a beautiful, new coat.
Through Harriet Ziefert's inspiring story of post-war Europe, students will learn:
Historical Background: WWII and its aftermath.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Dictionary work, character, paraphrase.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Vanity vs. pride, God's provision, patience, character qualities.
Activities and Writing Assignments: maps, WWII, movie, field trip, timeline, Mystery Word activity page, cooking, writing, crafts, wordsearch.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more books by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, A New Coat for Anna by Harriet Ziefert.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Our Interactive Study Guide should be opened with the FREE Adobe Readerprogram. With the interactive feature, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
- Or choose to conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete separate answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
My 8yr old is enjoying the E-Guide so far! She is enjoying being able to do so much on her own!