Red Badge of Courage, The - E-Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Through Stephen Crane’s enduring classic about the nightmare of war, students will learn:
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: characterization, in context, similes, metaphors, self-justification, role models, natural law, Christ figure, parallel, synonyms, antonyms, foil, coming-of-age,
Moral Lessons and Character Values: fear & cowardice, mortality, courage, maturity, anger, heroism, suffering and the refining it causes.
Activities and Writing Assignments including wordsearch, speech about what makes a ‘just’ war, explorative essay about the Gettysburg Address, essay on coming-of-age, essay on nature and war, create a Civil War timeline, creative writing Civil War letters home, read biographies, write a short historical play, field trip to battlefields, journalism interview of a war veteran.
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more plays by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, The Red Badge of Courage. Movie suggestions included.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
- Available instantly with no shipping costs!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
- Free technical support if you encounter any difficulties using the digital guide!
Our Interactive Study Guide will open with Adobe Acrobat Reader 9.0+. You may still print off the study guide just as before. But with the interactive files, students have the capability of entering their answers directly on the computer and saving their work in progress.
Note: Mobile Devices/Tablets may require alternative app that supports and saves fillable form fields.
Read the story summary and get this book HERE.
Buy it now: