Arctic Explorer - Flash Study GuideProgeny Press
A Carter G. Woodson Outstanding Merit Book, National Science Teachers Association book, Children's Book Council Outstanding Science Trade Book for Children, Nation Council for Social Studies book, Children's Book Council Notable Children's Trade book in the Field of Social Studies.
Matthew Henson, an African American crossed the borders dividing blacks and whites in the late 1800s. Working within the restrictions of the time, he achieved his dream of going to sea and becoming educated. When he met Lt. Robert E. Peary, years of travel and exploration opened out in front of them. As a team, sometimes close, sometimes distant, they achieved their dream of discovering the North Pole.
Study this Biographical novel of exploration with Progeny Press' Flash Guide!
In this smaller guide, in just a dozen pages, Progeny Press flash guides will guide you quickly through a book, including a brief synopsis, an author biography, historical background, setting, mood, conflict, characterization, other literary techniques, dramatic structure, themes, Digging Deeper, and suggested essays and writing projects. Answers included.
Learn about this inspiring man and unsung hero!
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Recommended Grade Level:
- Antarctic, late 1800s
- Study Guide Author:
- Rebecca Gilleland
- For the Book By:
- Jeri Ferris