Scarlet Pimpernel, The - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of this guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
The French Revolution is in full swing and Paris is awash in fear and the blood of its own nobility. However, one mysterious man (some say phantom!) seems able to whisk away doomed nobles seemingly from under the very nose of the executioner - the infamous Scarlet Pimpernel. French official Chauvelin will stop at nothing to uncover the Scarlet Pimpernel's identity, including forcing the unwilling help of Marguerite Blakeney, French wife of England's richest and most foppish lord, Sir Percy Blakeney. In this world of intrigue, death, and danger, nothing is as it seems.
In 58 pages (plus the answer key), our study guide contains:
- Background on the authors and story
- Prereading suggested activities
- Vocabulary activities related to the story
- General content questions
- Literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- Critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the story and weigh them with reference to scripture
- and, of course, a detailed answer key!