Romeo and Juliet - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Through Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet heartbreaking tragedy, students will learn:
Background Information: History of the stories behind Romeo and Juliet.
Before-You-Read Activities: Conflict report, written report on suicide, Map work, persuasive report on solving arguments, travel videos, author biography, research into Greek and Roman mythology.
Vocabulary words used throughout the novel, utilizing a variety of activities to stimulate retention and growth.
Literary Techniques: Root words, prologues, paradox, Character analysis, similes, metaphors, extended metaphors, soliloquy, foreshadowing, paraphrase, conflict, complication, stage directions, context, dramatic irony, main and minor characters, protagonist vs. antagonist, theme, tragic play structure.
Moral Lessons and Character Values: Counseling and advice, love at first sight, anger, change of heart, friendship, true love, infatuation, growth through hardship, ethics, reaping what you sow, murder, suicide, and hope.
Activities and Writing Assignments including dramatic performance, timeline, true love essay, explanatory essay regarding advice, play script revision and modification
Suggestions for Further Reading: We include an in-depth reading list of more plays by the same author(s) and other books that tie in with, or are similar to, Romeo and Juliet.
All of the unit lessons are written from a Christian perspective!
Features and Benefits of the study guide
Printed Workbook Format
- Large 8.5x11 format is convenient to read and easy on the eyes
- Every question has plenty of whitespace for student’s answers
- Encourages neat and clean handwriting practice
- Easily transports without the need for a laptop or other expensive equipment
- Provides a permanent record of the student’s work
- Convenient, removable answer key included for the teacher!
- Provides the study guide in universally compatible PDF format (works on Mac AND Windows)
- No costly software purchases necessary
- Opens in the FREE Adobe Reader program
- Conveniently print what you need, when you need it:
- Print the whole guide at once
- Print single lessons or pages as the student completes them
- Print multiple copies of the entire guide for classroom sets
- Easy to use with multiple students
- Complete answer key file included for the teacher!
Read the story summary and get the book HERE.
Choose your format and buy it now: