Long Way to a New Land, The - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
In 1868, Sweden is devastated by drought and Carl Erik's family is starving. Hope reaches them when a letter from their uncle in America arrives, inviting them to "the land of opportunity." They decide to sell the farm and go to America to make a new life. The packing, the goodbyes, and the trip itself are difficult; yet the children eagerly wonder when they might get wheat bread with butter in America. Finally allowed into the country after passing through immigration, Carl Erik exclaims, "Now we are arrived."
In 46 pages (plus an answer key), our study guide contains:
- Background on the authors and story
- Prereading suggested activities
- Vocabulary activities related to the story
- General content questions
- Literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- Critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the story and weigh them with reference to scripture
- and, of course, a detailed answer key!