Hiding Place, The - Study Guide
Click here for a sample section of the guide!
Check out the E-Guide version, available immediately!
Based on a true story. The famous testimony of faith of Corrie ten Boom and her sister. As Christians during WWII, the ten Boom's reached out to the Jews, who were being persecuted and often put to death by the Nazis. Their compassion extended to providing a secret room in their home in which the Jewish people could hide during Nazi raids. Thus, Corrie becomes steeped in the underground activity of protecting Jews in Holland during a perilous time in world history. With danger, suspense, and dire consequences in a Nazi concentration camp, Corrie and Betsie follow God's leading. They struggle with difficult moral questions and find there are no easy answers.
Bonus short story guide included!
This guide also includes a flash guide for the short story, Power of Light, by Isaac Bashevis Singer. A moving tale of Hanukkah and two Jewish teens escaping Nazi-controlled Poland. Be sure to pick up the book, Stories for Children by Isaac Bashevis Singer; a wonderful collection of thirty-six stories by the Nobel Prize winner, including some of his most famous. Grades 7-adult.
Stories for Children is a 1984 New York Times Book Review Notable Children's Book of the Year.
In 46 pages (including the answer key), our Study Guide contains:
- Background on the authors and story
- Prereading suggested activities
- Vocabulary activities related to the story
- General content questions
- Literary analysis and terminology questions designed to give students a good understanding of writing technique and how to use it
- Critical analysis questions designed to help students consider and analyze the intellectual, moral, and spiritual issues in the story and weigh them with reference to scripture
- and, of course, a detailed answer key!